August 11, 2008

Olive Garden

So my family and I went to the Olive Garden on Saturday evening. I've already been ribbed enough about the fact that I eat at the Olive Garden but it's my mother-in-laws favorite and she pays, so whatta ya gonna do... Anyways, my wife and mother-in-law order the Tour of Italy which basically is like a small combo with 3 different items. The server tells them that the restaurant is OUT of Lasagna. So, we're at an Italian restaurant that has run out of Lasagna. That reminds me of the time I drove through El Pollo Loco in Mesa and they were out of Chicken. No Lie. They told me to come back in about half an hour. But I digress... So the waiter tells them that they can substitute something for the Lasagna. They both chose the Ravioli. The plates arrive and there they are, 3 cute little Ravioli. 3 Ravioli for a chunk of Lasagna. Hardly what I would call a FAIR trade. Here's the rub. When the check arrives there is a $1.00 charge for substituting the Ravioli for the Lasagna. But they were out of Lasagna. How can you charge a buck to sub something for something that you don't even have. An oversight on the servers part I'm sure... But, Alan, the manager came by and offered to lower the price of their meals since they weren't happy with the 3 measly Ravioli. In the end it worked out, but we shouldn't have had to go through all that in the first place. I'll rant about the challenge of running out of stuff later.

3 comments:

InVinoVeritas said...

the olive garden SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there has got to be some family owned neighborhood red sauce, with checkered table clothed pasta slinger in your hood. buy local.

Chef T said...

I'm the guest, not the host. The host pays, the host picks. You would think someone from Chicago would have a better Italian palate.

InVinoVeritas said...

well, in that case...the olive garden still SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!